Thursday, April 29, 2004

Paramount's Wrench in My Plans 

Just as I set out my goals yesterday for the summer, with one of my priorities being to see Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow, I discover today that Paramount has bumped the release date from June 25 to September 17!!! This sucks. If ever a movie screamed "summertime fun," this is the one. Now not only can I not see it early in the summer, but I'll have to work it in after classes start again in the fall.

Paramount attributes the move to Sony's announcement that Spider-Man 2 will open on June 30 rather than July 2, and that by moving their own date Sky Captain will not get lost in the Spidey frenzy and will benefit from pre-opening promotions at summertime events such as Comic-Con International in July.
|
Posted by Rogueslayer at 4/29/2004 09:26:00 AM