Monday, February 02, 2004

Wanted - Fluffy, Light Entertainment 

Oof - I'm in depressing movie overload. I've seen a spate of films lately which could all fall into the category of "Consequences of Bad Choices or Inaction." Some of them were more plausible than others, but all were disturbing, depressing, frightening, or some combination thereof.

I'll post up more complete reviews later, but let me just sum up what I've viewed in the last week or so: The Ring, 21 Grams, Monster, Thirteen, Capturing the Friedmans, and House of Sand and Fog.

One up note was that we saw Big Fish between 21 Grams and Monster. That was much more fun and light, but even it was tinged with regrets and lost opportunities. I find myself longing for the meaningless escapism of summer films. Where are you, Lara Croft???
|
Posted by Rogueslayer at 2/02/2004 11:58:00 AM