Sunday, February 29, 2004

Oscar Picks 

UPDATED: I've put asterisks on the ones I picked correctly.
_____________________________
Okay - time to put it out there. Here are my picks for tonight's Academy Awards. When filling out my contest ballot, I'm always torn between voting for who I think should win vs. picking who I think will win. In some categories I give in and vote for who I think the Academy members will pick, but in others I'm unable to set aside my personal choice. So here they are:

*Leading Actress: Charlize Theron, Monster
*Leading Actor: Sean Penn, Mystic River

*Supporting Actress: Rene Zellweger, Cold Mountain
*Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins, Mystic River (I would prefer Ken Watanabe, but I don't think he'll win)

*Best Picture: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Directing: Lost In Translation (I really think she did an excellent job - the editor needed to have a firmer hand)

Original Score: Cold Mountain
*Original Song: "Into the West," LOTR

Adapted Screenplay: Mystic River
Original Screenplay: In America

*Animated Feature: Finding Nemo
*Foreign Language Film: The Barbarian Invasions
*Short Film - Animated: Harrie Krumpet
*Short Film - Live Action: Two Soldiers
*Documentary Feature: The Fog of War
*Documentary Short: Chernobyl Heart

Art Direction: The Last Samurai
Cinematography: Cold Mountain
Costume Design: The Last Samurai
Film Editing: Seabiscuit
*Visual Effects: LOTR
*Makeup: LOTR
*Sound Editing: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
*Sound Mixing: LOTR

|
Posted by Rogueslayer at 2/29/2004 12:40:00 PM