Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow 

I saw the trailer for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow before Return of The King. Oh. My. God. I cannot wait until August when it's scheduled to be released. It's retro yet futuristic, alternates between black/white and color, has amazing effects yet a very old-fashioned gritty feel. The Girl is steadfastly refusing to attend, despite my insistent sleeve-pulling throughout the trailer. The Guyfriend is floored and counting the days to the premier.

You can see the trailer at the official website (linked above). It takes a bit of time to load, but is worth it. Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. Geekroar has some nice screen captures posted if you don't have time for the trailer. What can I say about Angelina's character? Flying Ace with an abundance of confidence, snug uniform and an eye patch. This description has swayed more than one person onto the "can't wait to see it" side of the fence. Her one line in the trailer ("I always wanted to meet the competition"), plus the descent of the dirigible and the sea of hands pointing as one to the darkening sky combine to have me swooning.
|
Posted by Rogueslayer at 1/07/2004 08:18:00 PM